Jul 29, 2011

Review: Tanilla Porter

Knee Deep Brewing Co.

Grade: F

(This is my second straight review from Knee Deep Brewing Co., which doesn't happen often.  After their mediocre IPA, I figured I would give them another chance by trying another offering from the brewery.)

Appearance: Pours a dark black color, with an amber tint.  The head is light and doesn't hold up long, leaving weak lacing.

Smell: Roasted malts, with strong coffee, chocolate and some vanilla.  Pretty light on the nose for a porter. Considering this is a "vanilla" porter, the vanilla note is as strong as it should be.

Taste:  Some dark coffee comes first, then transitions to a sour tart flavor. That's it.  I don't taste any vanilla within the watery, tasteless body .  This stuff is not good at all.

Mouthfeel: Thin body with moderate carbonation.

Drinkablity: This stuff ended up down the drain after 3 sips. I am not one to just poor any beer down the drain, so the drinkability of this one is very poor.

Overall: The worst porter I have ever had....EVER! Every sip makes my face pucker.  Stay away from this one. I am thinking this one is an old/bad bottle.  If not, after their sub-par IPA, I'm left thinking how this brewery is still in business. I will try this one again if I come across it again to see if my suspicion of a bad/old bottle is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment